Follow the Firework Code
- You must be over 18 to buy fireworks and sparklers.
- Only buy fireworks marked with either BS7114, BS EN 14035 or BS EN 15947.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed tin or box.
- Light them at arm’s length using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go back to a lit firework.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket.
- Never throw fireworks.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five. Ensure that children wear gloves when handling sparklers.
- Keep pets indoors.
- It is illegal for anyone under 18 to possess fireworks in a public place.
Additional Satefy Information
For further information to ensure you have a SAFE night please visit:
- Direct Gov - Fireworks Safety
- Health and Safety Executive - Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Executive - Firework Sales Registration Application Form
- Health and Safety Executive - General Firework Guidance
- UK Fireworks Safety Website
- Blue Cross - Keeping your pets safe on fireworks night
All fireworks offered for sale by Nightstar Fireworks are tested to comply with either BS7114 or BS EN 15947, as appropriate.
Value Added Tax
All trade prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. All recommended retail prices include VAT at 20%. Should the VAT rate change, retail prices will be amended accordingly.
Registration & Weight Limitations
Before the purchase of fireworks you are required under the Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations (MSER) to register or licence your premises. You can now register your premises for the storage of up to 250 kg NEC. Registration and licencing can be obtained from your local issuing authority.
The method by which you store the fireworks and the type of premises will have an effect on the total quantity you are able to keep. You should not automatically assume that your shop is suitable to store the maximum amount.
A copy of your registration or licence certificate must be provided to us before any delivery is planned.
The Department for Business Innovation & Skills, state;
- Without a special "all year licence" retailers can now only sell fireworks at the following times;
- 15th October - 10th November and 26th - 31st December
- The day of Diwali and three days prior.
- The first day of Chinese New Year and three days prior.
- A poster, which should be provided by your supplier, relating to the illegality of under 18's possessing fireworks, must be displayed in full view of the buying public.
- It is now illegal to supply a firework which has a decibel level of over 120dB A-Imax. Nightstar Fireworks is committed to supplying only fireworks below this level.
- In the unlikely event of a retailer selling a quantity of fireworks in excess of 50kg NEC to any one purchaser, a record must be kept of the name and address of the purchaser, plus the weight of the consignment.
For more information, please do contact us.